Brooks is doing some really cute stuff these days. I can't believe how much he picks up on. These are some of my favorite things that I want to cherish FOREVER!
He's really taken a liking to singing. Some of his favorites are, "Sing a Song (from Sesame Street), "If You're Happy and You Know It," "This Little Light of Mine" (from Veggie Tales) and "Down in My Heart" (from Veggie Tales). Not only does he sing along with these songs but he REALLY gets into it! It just warms my heart to hear him sing in his little, almost two-year-old voice!
Another thing he does that makes my heart flutter is when he says "I love lou" aka I love you. He will tell me that before I leave or when I put him to bed. "I love lou" is quickly followed with "bye."
Right now, Brooks has an obsession with other kids around his age. He absolutely loves his cousins, JD and Ryan and neighbor, Oscar. Peeling him away from any of these three is close to impossible. There is much screaming and kicking and tons of tears when it's time to go. It just breaks my heart that he's already developed such strong relationships.
Brooks has been playing with toys that Beau had as a child. There are GI Joe and Dick Tracy men (that he calls man), rusty tractors, remote control trucks and toy guns (bang bangs). It's fun to watch Beau and Brooks play with these toys together.
No comments:
Post a Comment